Infertility refers to a condition when couples cannot get conceive after having unprotected sex for between six to twelve months. This, however, depend on the age of the couples involved. This is because at the age of 40 and above, the fertility of individual declines.
Infertility signs and symptoms in Women
What do you think are the prominent features signaling infertility in women? Ideally, changes in menstrual cycles, as well as ovulation, are the major abnormalities associated with fertility disorders in a woman. Sometimes there may be no physical sign to show a woman is infertile but in the real sense, they are. Here are some of the clear features showing infertility in women.
Unnatural periods. Periods that are accompanied with light or sometimes heavy bleeding can be a definite symptom of reduced fertility. Similarly, painful periods that often results in serious cramping, back, and pelvic pain can also imply infertility in women. Pelvic pain can lead to a condition called endometriosis that is common in women. If at one time you have been diagnosed with this disease, then there are higher chances that you may be infertile. Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure that is usually done to correct endometriosis in women. Basically, it is a condition that causes intense pain in the pelvis.
- Changes in the skin like the occurrence of acne. The results of emotional reactions typically manifest on the skin. Examining the appearance of the skin in a woman for signs such as acne and other changes can also depict their fertility.
- Growth of dark hairs on their lips, chin and also on the chest.
- Abrupt weight gain. A woman that increases weight instantly is risk of being infertile.
- Slippery, wet and stretchy cervical mucus associated with an ovulation phase can be an infertility symptom.
- Growth of tumor masses, adhesions, and fibroids in the uterus. This may pose difficulty in the ability of a woman to get pregnant.
- Blocked fallopian tubes. This means that a woman is not capable of getting pregnant as the movement of sperms gets hindered. This can be revealed by carrying out Hysterosalpingography. Fallopian tubes may be blocked as a result of scarring or simply due to an infection.
- Discharge of milky white products from the nipples which in most cases are not related to breastfeeding.
- Hair loss
- Abrupt or vanished periods. Women who experience missed periods can easily get infertile.
Infertility signs and symptoms in Men
Infertility is thought to most people to lie solely with women. However, this is not true as men do can become infertile. Male infertility is dependent on the quantity and quality of sperms produced. It is paramount for a person to get tested as well for infertility. How do you know that a man is infertile? Below are the symptoms that clearly depict infertility in a man.
- Pain and swelling in the testicles.
- Lower sperm count. An average male is expected to produce more than 15 million sperms per milliliter of semen. Moreover, if the total sperm count is less than 39 million sperms in one ejaculation, the fertility level becomes compromised.
- Abnormal growth of the breasts a condition called gynecomastia.
- A decline in the body or facial hairs. This may be caused by irregular hormonal and chromosomal balance. This disturbance of the hormones can suggest the inability to impregnate.
- Difficulties in ejaculation or, in general, sexual function. Such problems include reduced desire for sex or difficulty in maintaining an erection during sex (erectile dysfunction).
- Inability of smelling things.
You can find deep detail on the book, “Pregnancy Miracle” by Lisa Olson. Lisa is an author, researcher, nutritionist and health consultant who dedicated her life to creating the ultimate pregnancy solution guaranteed to permanently reverse the root of infertility, help you get pregnant quickly and naturally